The Radio Station will be open for JOTA 2023!
Welcome to the Camp Somers Amateur Radio Station
located at the Mount Allamuchy Scout Reservation.
The Radio Station's mission is to foster an interest in
amateur radio for all Scouts as well as the community,
through educational and fun activities. These current Radio
Station activities include, but are not limited to, the
* BSA Radio Merit Badge Counseling.
* Support for the Weather Merit Badge via the Weather
* HF/VHF/UHF contacts with other radio amateurs
domestically as well as internationally.
* Foxmitter Hunts on 146.540 Mhz.
* Participation in Jamboree on the Air (JOTA) every 3rd
weekend of October.
* Packet Operation on 145.010 Mhz with other stations.
* Create a packet network with other Scout Camps and
* Participation in ARRL contests.
* Repeater on 448.075 Mhz 141.3 Analog/Fusion.
* SSTV on 14.230 Mhz.
* Passing Scout and community traffic through the
National Traffic System (NTS).
* 2 Towers: 40' and 80'
* Tri-Band Vertical (2 meter, 220, and 440)
* 2 Meter Yagi
* 2 Meter Vertical
* HF 11-element Yagi beam
* 40 and 80 meter long wire
* Packet Radio (VHF/UHF/HF)
* NOAA Weather Reporting Station
APRS/WX (under construction)
Station Visition and Operation
Operation of the station is limited to licensed Cub Scouts,
Scouts BSA, Venturing, Sea Scouts, Scout Leaders and
Scouts BS only.
* Operators under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
* Non-licensed visitors must be accompanied an authorized
* Scheduling use of the station is done through the Radio
Station Manager, Chris Lance.
* Once approved, individuals must sign in at the main office
October 2020 JOTA News
JOTA (Jamboree On The Air) The MASR Radio Station
plans to participate in the 2020 JOTA. Jamboree-on-the-
Air is held the third weekend in October. This year, 16th -
18th. The official hours are from Saturday at 00:00 hours
local time (right at midnight Friday) to Sunday 23:59
evening. So you’ve got the whole weekend to make JOTA
contacts! You can also try out the “JOTA Jump Start” on
Friday from 18:00 to 23:59 local time to test your setup.
Operating Frequencies during JOTA
We will be operating phone on, or as close as possible to
the World Scout Frequencies for the following bands: 20
meters during the day, 10 meters dawn and dusk, 146.520
Simplex, (We're looking into 2 and 6 meter SSB too!)
DISCLAIMER:This web page is not affiliated, associated, endorsed
by, or in any way officially connected with The Boy Scouts of
America, Patriots's Path Council, Mount Allamuchy Scout
Reservation, Camp Somers, or any of its subsidiaries or its
affiliates. All Boy Scouts of America logos are registered
trademarks of The Boy Scouts of America.
Mount Allamuchy Scout Reservation